Friday, November 04, 2005

what was the craziest thing you did as a kid?

RCL: Today we are going to question Grandma and Grandpa Bieber! ...So we are going to ask them questions so we can learn more about their pasts. I'd like Grandpa to answer first and then Grandma can answer first...next. OK Grandpa, what was the craziest thing you did as a kid?

RWB: Well Grandpa was thinking about it and that was a hard one because grandpa really didn't do many crazy things as a kid because if he did his daddy would have spanked him really hard with a razor strap. The only thing I could think of was one time a little boy named Gerald White and I were playing over at his house and they had this big long rope that come down from a tree that they called a goat swing I don't know whether they call them goat swings any more or not, but that's what they called that one. He and I were jumping off because they had a great big still(?) filled up so that you could jump off and go clear across this little stream and then all the way back again. If you fell off you'd have fallen down about 25 feet. And you would get hurt and we were told not to play on it because we weren't old enough. I was about right around 10 or so. That's about only thing ...crazy thing that I could remember doing that I didn't get a spanking for because my dad didn't find out about it.

RCL: Well Grandma,

Anna: Grandma, what's the craziest thing..

RCL: Anna, quiet

EB: Well, the craziest thing I ever did that I can think of when I was a child was my brother used to have to go milk the cow which one Gale, he was about 12 years old... and I was about 6. And when we went to milk the cow I'd go with him. and uh he'd sit down on the stool and a ways over away from the cow was the old yellow cat. So he'd start to milk the cow and he'd squirt the milk over it the cat's mouth. The cat would just open his mouth and just gobble it up. Oh this was fine, we had a good time the cat had fun, we had fun, So a day or two later Grandma went down to milk the cow and I went with Grandma. Well this one time, Grandma says what's that cat meowing about. I said Oh I don't know. She says have you guys been feeding that cat milk? Squirting milk in that cat's mouth? Well, I couldn't like, I had to tell the truth So I said Yes and she says that's it, no more. So that was the end of feeding the cat when we went to milk the cow.

From a taped interview of RWB and EB in the mid 1980's

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home